Friday, October 22, 2010

This Might Be About You.

If you want to know where I was
Then I wasn't,
And I'm not that vain as to try and remember

But I know you'll try and remind me
But that's maybe why I love you.
I think, I'm never really certain.

Because every day I change a little bit more
Into this thing that I'm becoming with the passage of time.
Well that's not fair.

I saw some wrinkles on my face today,
but they're right around my mouth,
and they show the world all the smiles I've had.

I blame you for that.
And for some tears.
But the tears were more my fault.

Or anyway that's what I was taught.
Everything good comes from somewhere else.
And I'm the root of all evil.

Maybe that's why I try so hard,
and I'm so earnest.
I want to prove to somebody that I'm worth something.

And inside somewhere
Deep in there
I feel a little bit of nothing

But not when I look at your face.
And not when we're together
In the same room

I like it there.
In whatever room your in.
Does that count for something?

No comments:

Post a Comment