Saturday, December 24, 2016

If I die before I wake I pray the Lord my soul to take.

If I die before I sleep I pray the Lord my soul to keep.

If I die before you tonight I pray the Lord finds my soul a delight.

If I die before the morning light I pray the Lord makes this sound right.


Let's fuck. Let's scream. Let's carve our names in an old oak tree and light the flames and burn that fucker down. I've been all around. I've seen your Ma, saw your Pa, don't you worry now that I'm back in town. And everybody loves a boxer's story. Everybody loves a morning glory. I'm the sort who'll get hit for money. I'll go down in the third round, tell me before the fourth. I'll hit that mat with a thump and a splat. I'll spray my blood. I'll come round. I'll stay there on the ground. I'll black my eyes. I'll be the one you lionize. I am thunder. I am flash. I am a thief in the night, come back round to steal your spine. I'm a ghost. I'm a ghoul. I'm the man who lost this duel. I'm a spirit. I'm a haint. I'm the devil, the blight, the taint. I'm a secret. I'm a sin. I'm the one who let you in. I am quiet. I am calm. I'm the eye of the storm. I'm a leaf on the wind. I'm a pile, a pit of sin. Drop me. Heal me. Kill me. Feel me. Beat me like a heart. Beat. Beat. Beat. Let's you and me settle that old score. Don't you dare call my mother a whore. I'll fight you. I'll kill you. I'll tear you down. Crucify me. Purify me. Nail me up and cut me down. Make me wear a bloody crown, of thorns and roses and bleed me dry. I'll be the one with eyes alight, until I die. Fire in them. Fire in the dark. I'm a flame. I dance. I sing, you can't bend me. I'm the wind. I'm the devil. I'm a sin. I'm the one who let you in.

No comments:

Post a Comment