Friday, March 10, 2017

Tangled up in sheets stained with sweat smelling of loneliness lost regrets and enervation been at a low elevation need that clear mountain air the pines the wind watch them bend on the highest peaks it's been too long I go in streaks I wave I stand the hourglass pours down sand and someday I'll lay myself down to die. I'll bend down to the water and slip into that glacier stream, and no one will wail and scream and I'll drift down coldly without a sound the universe will end and the stars will fall and we'll all be done and gone and it will have been far too long since the sun sang and called us with her song and we'll rise up out of the water then together at last after the end a glowing river of fireflys I don't trade in pretty lies I trade in lead I trade in words I trade in lightning and fire and molten glass I am lava I am thunder I am flash I am all the things that have past. I am the living end and I am your long lost friend I am tired I am weary I am Monday morning dreary. I am the things that cannot last I am the truth hidden in the past I am the future I and the present and I am ready for spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment