Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Study For Greenfield

Down in the field where the corn stalks get cut, get disced. Get sliced and hauled away and turned into silage. Get turned into something new. The stalks get cut down and turned into food. The stalks get cut down. Cut down in the fall. I'm lying there down in the field. Cut down. Cut down in the fall. Turning into something new. Turning over and over. My whole life turning over. I'm turning over in the field. Turning over how everything ends. Under the stars. Under Orion the hunter. Under those great swirling globes of fire. This starry night that never ends. I'm laying in the earth. In the wet damp earth staring into the sky and seeing the ends of all my friends and family. Seeing how this ball spins. Being turned into something new. Something glorious. Something that causes pain and joy. I'm dying in the field. Down in the field. Cut down in the field. Cut down in the fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment