Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Never let me go into that night without saying goodbye
 never let me die in death
we dream away our lives and
I never want to wash away this one
never let me stop you from leaving
goodnight goodbye
never let me hold you back
from what you need
never let me stop you
never say I didn't tell you
never leave me in the dark cold
and Dead and rotten
never let me go that way
never put me in an old folks home
 without you
never tell me you don't remember
how we met or who I am
never let me die inside you
never let the knots loosen
the strings fray the knuckles buckle
and knees weaken shoulders give
and bend
never weep for me
in a church that's where
God visits only on Sundays
never bury me in a grave
never hold me down
I want to blow away with the wind
but with you
never scatter me without you
never put me in the ground
without you
never put me down
never taunt me or tease me
and please don't release me
our lives are nothing
but a joyous sound
never tell me I didn't say I love you.
I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment